Inspiralba are a social enterprise and have been able to reinvest in our charitable objectives over the past 10 years:
- Providing support for social enterprise networking in Argyll and Bute.
- Providing Dragons Den sponsorship for social enterprise..
- Development, funding and delivery of ‘Jocks Adventure Playground’ as a resource for children and families in South Kintyre.
- Providing match funding and support for research and development work on tackling depopulation in Argyll and Bute.
- Providing support and match funding to identify community priorities with South Kintyre Development Trust.
- Supporting employment and training opportunities.
Support for Social Enterprise Networking
Inspiralba have worked with a number of stakeholders including Unltd and Argyll and Bute TSI to support social enterprise network activities. This has included support and sponsorship for network events.
Support for Employment and Training Opportunities
Inspiralba assist in the development and delivery of employment and training opportunities, working with social enterprises across the area. In addition we provide wage based work placements as part of our work. This has included support for student placements, employed trainees, graduates and modern apprentices.
Food For Thought – Kintyre Fun Food Festival
Inspiralba worked with three local schools on a range of food themed activities, culminating in The Kintyre Fun Food Festival. The event was planned and coordinated by students and was attended by over 300 children and families and included music from the Barrowband and amazing food produced by students incorporating local Produce. Here is a short film about the project:
Kilkerran Playpark – Jocks Boat
In response to the need for improved play facilities for children and families in South Kintyre, Inpiralba was able to assist in taking forward Jock’s Adventure Playground. This included support to the group of parents and grandparents to develop the project outline in consultation with the local community, secure funding and provide project management support to deliver the playpark on site.
The project received funding from Argyll and Islands Leader, Argyll and Bute Council and NHS with significant income generated locally with support from the local community, businesses and community organisations. £88,000 was secured for the project within a 6 month timescale and the playpark which was opened in time for summer 2013.
InspirAlba | A social enterprise providing development, management, funding and evaluation support for the community sector.