Over the past 10 years Inspiralba have delivered project management and business development support to a diverse range of social enterprises and community organisations, including:
Fyne Homes / Fyne Futures / Fyne Energy
Support for regeneration and social enterprise activity, with a particular focus on employment and environmental projects. This has included:
- Securing People and Communities funding to deliver environmental and employability objectives.
- Supporting the growth and development of Fyne Futures, delivering environmental and employability outcomes on the island of bute supporting 15 jobs on Bute.
- Supporting community benefit from renewables through Fyne Energy, development work and community engagement to establish a 3 turbine development at Glenbarr projected to generate over £15 million for community benefit projects over the 20 year life span.
Short film about Fyne Energy 3 turbine development and local community benefit priorities.
Kintyre Recycling: providing project management and development support to secure sustainable income streams to support environmental and employability objectives of Kintyre Recycling. This has included:
- Support to take forward community land purchase of land at Ben Ghullion Road, including development plans for new premises.
- Working through key challenges in terms of public sector contract and increasing costs.
- Securing investment for new income streams, including furniture reuse.
Islay Gaelic Centre
Support was provided to Islay Gaelic Centre to undertake market research to determine opportunities for developing on site accommodation and short course provision. This included desk based research, engagement with key stakeholders and outreach to potential future customers. Feedback from staff and board included:
‘There was a wealth of information contained in the report which will be invaluable to our organisation. The recommendations are well evidenced. Thanks again for all your hard work.’ Niall Woodrow, Islay Gaelic College
Inspiralba is a delivery partner for Just Enterprise.
A business support programme, financed by the Scottish Government, which aims to support growth in the revenue and employment in the third sector in Scotland, and increase its profile in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
See Just Enterprise page for more details or to apply direct contact:
Delivered by Firstport in partnership with InspirAlba, the Vital Spark programme provided support for local people in Campbeltown, Dunoon and Bute to revitalise rural centres in Argyll and the Islands through social enterprise.
Read more about Vital Spark project here.
InspirAlba | A social enterprise providing development, management, funding and evaluation support for the community sector.