Business Administration Modern Apprentice
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious young person to join a Campbeltown based social enterprise who work with communities across Argyll and Bute providing business support, project management and development support. As an Administration Apprentice, you’ll be the glue to hold the business together, it is pretty busy, with a varied programme of work and good administrative and financial systems are essential to keep the Development Manager, project staff and Associates organised.
You’ll learn about all aspects of the business, with opportunities to visit some of our clients in various locations across Argyll and on completion of your apprenticeship, if you secure a permanent contract you’ll have the option to explore other areas of the business. You’ll be joining a friendly team in a modern office with plenty of support and learning. You’ll receive on the job training and support and will have the opportunity to gain a widely recognised SVQ qualification.
For more information on Inspiralba and our work visit: www.inspiralba.org.uk
25 hours per week @ £8.45 rising to £8.75 on completion of training.
Responsible to: Development Manager
Job purpose: To provide administrative support to Inspiralba, for delivery of our services by operating effective office and finance systems.
Main Objectives of the Post:
The Business and Administration Modern Apprentice will be responsible for administrating; invoicing, claims, financial records, survey input and various other admin and finance tasks to support all of the activities and services delivered by Inspiralba. Training will be provided and an opportunity to work towards a Modern Apprentice qualification will be supported.
Qualifications and Experience:
The post requires a qualification in administration or business studies.
- Experience in office administration and business processes desirable.
- Experience in excel, and word is essential. Familiarity in website and social media support is preferred.
- The ability to work in a small busy office using own initiative with multitasking including telephone, dealing with clients, and customers is essential.
- Good communication skills essential.
- To effectively support the day to day business administration and ensure all financial documentation is processed and managed in an effective manner.
- To provide accurate and regular management information using existing systems developed.
- To support systems for monitoring income and expenditure to provide regular updates and periodic management information to the Development Manager.
- To effectively support the monthly income generation within the business and ensure balances and banking collate.
- To assist in gathering and producing information required for funding providers and provide reports for the Management as necessary.
- To be responsible for all stationary purchases and to assist in the purchasing of consumables necessary for the business activities in a cost effective and timely manner.
- To assist in building a supply chain of social enterprises (ie admin supplies, venue hire, etc.)
- To assist with the maintenance of the website and social media for Inspiralba (training provided – user friendly software) and to update information when required.
- To have a flexible attitude to work to meet the requirements of the business.
- To adhere to Health and Safety Requirements.
- To carry out other such duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time by the Line Manager.
All of the above requires good communication and organisational skills. The ideal candidate will want to learn about the business and take a proactive role within the business.
For more information please contact our Development Manager Ailsa Clark or send e mail via our contact page.
CLOSING DATE 18th Dec 2019