Inspiralba was established in 2009 as a charitable enterprise to assist community based organisations to turn their ideas and aspirations in to robust, sustainable business activities. Profits generated are reinvested, either through in kind support or match funding for business development or project activities.
There is a huge amount of passion, energy and determination within rural communities to address needs and issues. Turning ideas in to reality and taking business growth forward can be challenging, with organisations often working flat out to ensure sustainability.
Inspiralba provide a range of services, to assist organisations to build resilience and income which in turn delivers a range of environmental, social and economic benefits for communities across Argyll and Bute. Our services include:
- Business Support
- Community Engagement
- Project Development, Management and Evaluation
- Financial and Income Generation Planning
- Research and Development Work
- Developing Learning Resources
Inspiralba are fortunate to work along side some inspiring individuals and organisations. The range and diversity of business activities being delivered by Social Enterprises continues to grow and includes: Housing, Employment and Training. Childcare, Youthwork and Education. Cinema, Arts and Heritage activities. Reuse Shops, Community Fuel, Community Store and Post Office, Harbour and Marina Services. Community Garden, Local Produce, Catering, Bunkhouse and Hotels. Recycling Services, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Activities. Sports, Outdoor and Leisure Services. Community Newspaper and Radio. Property and Land Management.
InspirAlba operates as a social enterprise and has been able to reinvest in its charitable objectives over through the provision of match funding for projects and in kind support, including:
- Research and development work has been carried out in relation to education provision and local economic opportunities as a response to tacking depopulation and out migration of young people from the area.
- In kind support to deliver ‘Inspiring Life and Work in Argyll’ Film project with young people.
- Work with the Social Enterprise Academy to promote social enterprise to schools across Argyll.
- Input to the Business Studies course to increase understanding of social enterprise with students.
- Support for employability opportunities within the Inspiralba Team.
- We have worked closely with Argyll College UHI to promote opportunities for students in relation to social enterprise and hosted student placements locally as well as providing learning visits for students from Glasgow.
InspirAlba | A social enterprise providing development, management, funding and evaluation support for the community sector.